Unix-PC phone driver help

Ned Nowotny ned at legendre.ACA.MCC.COM
Wed Sep 28 09:34:21 AEST 1988

In article <8695 at drutx.ATT.COM> mrh at drutx.ATT.COM (Mike Hudson) writes:

>I have a question for all Unix-PC phone driver gurus.
>I would like to be able to use the "touch-tones" from the
>keyboard after a call has been dialed and connected.
>Regular "touch-tone" phones make the number tones at
>any time during a call.  I would like to emulate this with
>the Unix-PC, but cannot figure out how to get the phone(7)
>ioctl's to do it.

The funny (?) thing is that the 3.0 version of the 3B1 phone
manager software did allow you to dial additional numbers after
connecting.  However, in version 3.5 of the software, some
bright person decided to "fix" this.  I would have preferred
a more constructive use of the programmer's time.

--

Ned Nowotny (ned at mcc.com or {ihnp4,seismo,ucb-vax,gatech}!cs.utexas.edu!pp!ned)