Info-3b2 Digest, Number 14

Info-3b2 Mailing List info-3b2 at lamc
Fri Sep 16 05:42:33 AEST 1988

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 14

                         Thursday, September 15th 1988

Today's Topics:

                          Re: Parts is Part(third try)
                                      3B20
                                    Re:  3B20

Subject: Re: Parts is Part(third try)
From: netsys!att!cbzeus!doc

>	On another note, the question about 3b5, 3b15's and 3b20's.
>
>	the 3b5 is a mini, unlike the "desktop" 3b2 line, these are
>	"floor" models, the 3b15 is a super-duper 3b5, with all the
>	options on it, it's like or better a vax 11/780. the 3b20 is
>	used with 5ESS Digital switch, I don't think it's used for anything
>	else, but I'm sure it could be.
>
>	maybe 3b2fst!randy (now ocrjd!randy) could fill us in on the
>	particulars if you specfiy them
>
>	dewey coffman
>	austin, texas

True, the 3B20 is used with the 5ESS switch (multiple 3B20's depending
on the configuration).  It is also used in MANY, many other applications.

The 3B20 is designed to meet the needs of both the high-end minicomputer
and low-end main frame computer users.  It comes in a variety of
configurations, based upon the 3B20S (simplex) and the 3B20D (duplex).

				D.O. Chambers
				AT&T Network Systems