Mailx / Sendmail compatibility

Don Ferencz ferencz at cwsys3.cwru.Edu
Thu Sep 22 00:51:35 AEST 1988

Hiya.

	I have an annoying problem with mailx/sendmail - we use
sendmail here to process all incoming mail (network and otherwise).  When
sendmail finally gets the mail off to the local user (with /bin/mail),
"mail" always tacks on a "From daemon ..." since daemon owns "sendmail".
So when I run mailx, all incoming mail from the net looks like:
	>N  1 daemon		Wed Sep 21 10:49	10/64
Question: how can I set up sendmail or mailx to show me the REAL
user who sent the mail.  I have a semi-decent understanding of the
"sendmail.cf" file.
			Thanks a bunch!
| Don Ferencz                       |  "All the world's indeed a stage\   |
| ferencz at cwsys3.cwru.EDU           |   And we are merely players\        |
| Dept of Systems Engineering       |   Performers and portrayers"        |
| Case Western Reserve University   |     -- Rush                         |