Various 3B* questions

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Thu Sep 22 13:30:25 AEST 1988

Hi net.folks,

     I've a handful of 3B15/3B2 questions for you people:

[*] is it possible to run more than 2 ADLI (async data line
    interfaces) on a single IOA (I/O accelerator).  We assume
    no, but we've heard rumors to the contrary.

[*] a customer just upgraded a 3B5/301 to a 3B15, and it's
    in a single cabinet.  We keep getting the following message
    on the console roughly once per hour:

	WARNING: fan unit reports a minor fault

    Our AT&T data tech says that this is because the 3B15 (or
    the 3B4000) normally has two cabinets, and the fan drivers [?]
    are looking for that second fan.  The message is a no-op, but
    we would really like to get rid of it.  Any clues?

[*] One for the 3B2: what's the market for used 2MB RAM boards?
    A customer is looking for one...

     Thanks,
     Steve

--
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc.  +1 714 545 6442    3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl