Help with postnews on a 3b2

David W. Summers dws at cseg.uucp
Thu Sep 8 00:04:54 AEST 1988

In article <331 at amyerg.UUCP>, root at amyerg.UUCP (Admin) writes:
> Have news installed on my 3B2/300 at home, and have no problems with receiving
> news. But when I try to follow-up to an artice from my console, I get:
> uux failed (-1)
> twice.
> [...]
> When I try that command I get:
> stty: not a typewriter
> stty: not a typewriter
> [..]
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

I had this problem while trying to set up a new uucp connection yesterday.
What I found out was that the permissions and owner of the /usr/spool/uucp
directory and some of its subdirectories were not owned by uucp and/or were
not set to the correct permissions.  Also (if you are using HDB UUCP) check
to make sure that the /usr/spool/locks directory is writeable by uucp.

                         Hope this helps!

                         - David Summers
                         (dws at cseg.uucp)
                         (..!romed!cseg!dws)