Info-3b2 Digest, Number 12

Info-3b2 Mailing List info-3b2 at lamc
Mon Sep 12 06:14:23 AEST 1988

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 12

                           Friday, September 9th 1988

Today's Topics:

                       Problem installing TeX 2.93 on a 3B2/400

Date:          Thu, 8 Sep 88 08:38 EDT
From: <lll-tis!lll-crg!ULKYVX.BITNET!OPRMEH> (Michael Harpe)
Subject:       Problem installing TeX 2.93 on a 3B2/400

[NOTE: I posted this to TeXHax as well.  I just thought i'd try this
list also since I haven't been receiving TeXHax for a few days.]

I am attempting to install TeX 2.93 and friends from the latest Washington
tape onto a 3B2/400 with the floating point C compiler (fpcc).  All goes
well until time to compile the last module of C code (tex8.c).  The compile
fails with a compiler error indicating that the switch table has overflowed.
This also happens when I try to compile DVItype for the trip test.

I have looked everywhere for some kind of switch I can set to avoid this.
I looked in web2c, tex.web (forget it, I don't pretend to understand it)
and other places.  I did find a reference in tex.web to something that causes
defualt cases to be created by web interpreters.  That is what seems to
be needed to fix my problem.

If you have experienced this, please respond directly to me.  I appreciate
any help anyone can supply

Michael Harpe
Computer Operations Advisor
Dahlem CADL

"Have a Bud, get sudsed, vote for Spuds!" - Bloom County

Michael Harpe                   BITNET: MEHARP01 at ULKYVX
203 Henry Vogt Building           PSTN: 502-588-7620
University of Louisville          AMPR: N4PLE @ ARTS
Louisville, KY  40292

To join this group or have your thoughts in the next issue, please
send electronic mail to Ken Davis at the following address;

	{pacbell,netsys,hoptoad,well}!lamc!info-3b2-request

The views expressed in Info-3b2 Digest are those of the
individual authors only.