AT&T Software BBS Number

John Canning john at banzai.UUCP
Tue Aug 8 02:51:56 AEST 1989

In article <12996 at well.UUCP> jls2 at well.UUCP (Jeff L. Stoner) writes:
>I have run across mentions in the past of a BBS (or several) that AT&T
>places internal software on that they don't market. For example, I
>understand that the C++ compiler they developed was such a beast, until
>their recent announcement to market it as a supported product.

I think Jeff is looking for the AT&T Toolchest.  With a modem, you can
contact it at 201-522-6900, and log in as guest.  If you want to talk
with a human about the Toolchest, call 201-522-6698.

Software prices range from almost free to several thousand dollars ($3000
for the source to the latest korn shell).  If you wish to distribute the
executables, then there is a higher price (for the korn shell, its $20,000).

Yes, C++ has been pulled from the Toolchest, as it is now available through
other sources.

Befure you can purchase anything from the Toolchest, you need to sign
a licensing agreement with them.