AT&T Software BBS Number

David Klann dklann at heurikon.UUCP
Tue Aug 8 04:59:08 AEST 1989

In article <12996 at well.UUCP> jls2 at well.UUCP (Jeff L. Stoner) writes:
>I have run across mentions in the past of a BBS (or several) that AT&T
>places internal software on that they don't market. For example, I
>understand that the C++ compiler they developed was such a beast, until
>their recent announcement to market it as a supported product.
>
>What I'm looking for is the phone number(s) and login instructions.

I'm sure this has been posted many, many times, but for the benefit of
new readers (from the 1986 brochure):

	The AT&T UNIX(R) System Toolchest can be reached at 201-522-6900.
	This is a 1200bps data call.  Log in as "guest" when prompted.

	The software is not free, OR public domain.  It is simply
	unsupported software that AT&T choses to make available in source
	code form.  There is a one-time $100.00 registration fee (waived
	for UNIX(R) System V source code licensees).

	Once you are registered, software is delivered via UUCP to your system.

	The fees shown for the packages do not include telephone connect
	time charges, or state sales tax both of which AT&T adds to the bill
	for you.

Good luck!

David Klann
Heurikon Corporation