Goodbye

Ray Dueland rayd at laidbak.i88.isc.com
Sun Aug 20 15:23:45 AEST 1989

In article <633 at cbnewse.ATT.COM> mea at cbnewse.ATT.COM
>The reason AT&T has pulled the plug [on alt.drugs] is because of the
>possible negative media attention that they would get if it were discovered
>that they supported a netnews group that contained information on
>cultivating marijuana etc.

I, for one, am going to cross post all my alt.drugs postings to comp.sys.att.
My experience has been that when certain groups or distributions are not
supported, only postings that are exclusively withing that group are
deleted.  Cross-posting to a "legitimate" newsgroups will preserve the
posting.  May turn out to be a bit of the Sampson complex, but what is news
without alt.drugs?