Goodbye, aka "Hello, I'm your worst nightmare"

John L. Grzesiak jlg at odicon.UUCP
Mon Aug 28 02:55:03 AEST 1989

In article <2343 at devsys.oakhill.UUCP>, paco at oakhill.UUCP (Paco) writes:
> In article <307 at cbnewsj.ATT.COM> dwex at mtgzx.ATT.COM (d.e.wexelblat) writes:
> >In article <4215 at udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> tom at vax1.acs.udel.EDU (tom) writes:
> >> alt.drugs is not dying. it is merely being censored by a small group of
> >> narrow-minded fools at at&t. it will probably lose some connectivity.
> >
> >What you will most likely accomplish, you narrow-minded fools, is to lose
> >access to comp.sys.att for those of us that want to read it.  Your (plural)
> >self-centered attitude about your illegal habits is now jeopardizing a
> >very useful technical group in addition to your (IMHO) worthless group.
> >GET OUT OF COMP.SYS.ATT!!!  Followups to alt.drugs, and flames via mail.
> >Stop cluttering this group.  We have enough of our own clutter!

	I am not one to tell anyone what to do or where to do it,
but I will tell you and everyone else of my experience. I was one
who indulged in illegal drugs for many years and got the worst end
of it. IMHO alt.drugs is not a worthless group, it is a severely
negative and destructivly used group. It is a place for all those
who don't know how to live a happy life to educate each other on
how to slowly commit suicide through self important and self
centered experimentation. The escape of reality , while seemingly
attractive is not intelligent. Drugs do not expand conciousness
they remove reality from your grasp. I suppose that you could be
like me, I never liked to feel anything, much less have someone
tell me that I could'nt do something. But when it comes to me
(or you) destroying ourselves through drugs, I would at least
allow those around us who don't want to be influenced by
childish attitudes to protect themselves. I wish I could tell you
how many (paid) company hours I was completely useless and
very dangerous because of what I was doing in my personal life.
My attitude was completely cavalier, it was like the center of
the universe was under my feet at all times, that I could endanger
anyone I chose to do what I wanted. This was immature and very
unrealistic of me. One in every twelve people in this country
has the disease of addiction, while not all those who use drugs
have this disease, a unhealthy proportion do have it. It manifests
itself in self-destructiveness as well as disregard for anyone else,
as well as complete denial of it's existance inside ones body.
I believe that AT&T as well as any other company has the right,
as well as the personell who choose not to use, to a safe, happy
productive environment. Most 'normal' people derive pleasure from
a job well done, not from what particular chemical they happen to
be experiencing at the time. Since I am what you seem to be, I
would stop trying to throw garbage at people and rant childishly
about not being allowed to spew whatever destructive nonsense you
want onto everyones CRT. The first ammendment was designed to
guarantee the truth, not the proliferation of all cultures. Also
I believe people have the right to their own privacy. You have
publicly voilated several persons private lives with your
neurotic outrage. Accept the right of people to live their lives
in peace and happiness and if you so choose to self indulge,
resign yourself to do so in silence (So as not to encourage others
to make your mistakes along with you).

	NOTE *** My apologies to the readers of comp.sys.att. It is
	my wish that all this disappears and we go back to technical
	as usual. I will however, accept the responsibilty for my
	remarks. Only e-mail please. Please forgive my use of bandwidth.

    + John L Grzesiak         | "No cute signature submitted    +
    + 47 Spring Street        |   (Nobody reads                 +
    + Wallingford Ct 06492    |    these things anyway!)"       +
    + !yale!spock!odicon!jlg  | Omega Dynamics - Wallingford Ct +