Goodbye, aka "Hello, I'm your worst nightmare"

Charles Forsythe forsythe at convex.com
Mon Aug 28 11:14:22 AEST 1989

jlg at odicon.UUCP (John L. Grzesiak) writes:
>	[I used to be an idiot because:]
>		[I went to work wasted]
>		[I hated reality]
>		[I was addicted]
>	[I have no concept of what the first amendment is really for]
>	[I am incapable of hitting the 'n' key or building a kill file]

Thank you for your candor.

>	I am not one to tell anyone what to do or where to do it,
>but I will tell you and everyone else of my experience. I was one
>who indulged in illegal drugs for many years and got the worst end
>of it. IMHO alt.drugs is not a worthless group, it is a severely
>negative and destructively used group. It is a place for all those
>who don't know how to live a happy life to educate each other on
>how to slowly commit suicide through self important and self
>centered experimentation.

I notice you neglected to cross-post this to rec.skydiving, rec.scuba, rec.guns
and all the other groups that explicitly, rather than implicitly, encourage
people to do dangerous, life threatening things for thrills.  You know,
people like you could do a great service in this group by offering sincere
testimonials about the pitfalls of drug use, but your posting only showed two
things: (1) you think drugs are evil  (2) mainly because you (used to?) have
major problems.  Next time try alt.ineedtherapybadly.

-Charles