Goodbye, aka "Hello, I'm your worst nightmare"

Wm. Scott `Spot' Draves wsd at cs.brown.edu
Tue Aug 29 06:52:25 AEST 1989

In article <3329 at cbnewsm.ATT.COM> szirin at cbnewsm.ATT.COM (seth.zirin) writes:
   In article <1603 at convex.UUCP> forsythe at convex.com (Charles Forsythe) writes:
   >I notice you neglected to cross-post this to rec.skydiving, rec.scuba, rec.guns
   >and all the other groups that explicitly, rather than implicitly, encourage
   >people to do dangerous, life threatening things for thrills.  You know,

   There is nothing life threatening about the recreational use of firearms.
   Equating the use of guns to skydiving or to the illicit use of drugs is
   foolish and shows how precious little you know about guns.

There is nothing life threatening about the recreational use of drugs
either.  Firearms, just like drugs, can be misused, increasing the
risk of injury/death.  I think this was Charles' point.

Scott Draves		|	Space... The Final Frontier
wsd at cs.brown.edu	|
uunet!brunix!wsd  wsd at browncs.bitnet	Box 2555 Brown U Prov RI 02912