RFS, NIs, and TCP/IP (revisited)

Kevin Lincoln Flynn flynn at anyguay.acm.rpi.edu
Thu Aug 17 04:08:19 AEST 1989

In article <6710 at rpi.edu> I write:

"Well, the South American Super Beings are at it again, and God only knows
 what's happening.  We have five 3B2's running Wollongong TCP/IP sitting in
 the Public Access Workstation Lab at RPI and we want to run RFS -- matter of
 fact we want to try to install it next weekend.  Now, we've tried this before.
 Always SOMETHING weird has happened.  So I'm asking for any tips, do's,
 dont's, advice, "OH-MY-GOD-YOU-DID-_WHAT?!?!?_"s, anything....

 So...  can anyone out there offer any kind advice?  Most importantly, can
 anyone out there authoritatively say "Yes, this is possible" or "No, this
 won't work?"  And a couple of other questions while I'm at it:

	1) Can a 3B2 support more than one NI card?
	2) Is there any GOOD alternative to Wollongong TCP/IP that comes
	   with source?

 Please email responses to >>>>kgh at pawl.rpi.edu<<<<.  This is NOT my normal
 reply-to.  (I changed it in this posting, hope it works correctly.)  Reason,
 well, right now sendmail is screwed around here too....  <sigh>  We're working
 on it.  Really.  [ :) ]"

Well, I got two replies dealing with the couple more questions, but the bit
before them is FAR more important!!!!  What we _REALLY NEED TO KNOW_ is about
RFS installation... please!  Somebody!  Help us out!!!   Puhleeeeeeze!  [ :) ]
Equipment is five 3B2/300s running SysV R3.1, using Wollongong TCP/IP for
-->>>SysV R2.0<<<--.

Again, thanks in advance and sorry for the pretty-much-a-repost.

  - Flynn

Kevin Lincoln Flynn    flynn at anyguay.acm.rpi.edu, userfwvl at mts.rpi.edu
2151 12th Street       H (518) 273-6914  W (518) 447-8561
Troy, NY  12180
...Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.