3b1 real time clock runs fast

Jon H. LaBadie jon at jonlab.UUCP
Mon Feb 13 23:00:12 AEST 1989

In article <600 at icus.islp.ny.us>, lenny at icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
> Maybe I can write something with my Voice Power board to call up
> the Recorded Time message, do some speech recognition, and set the
> time  ... I guess not, it's too hardware dependent   :-)

There was a posting to comp.sources.misc, or alt.sources some 6 - 9
months ago.  As it was Xenix based, it did not use the VP board.

Rather than using the call the local recorded time message, it called
the National Bureau of Standards atomic clock (I think in West VA) to
get the REAL time and set the system clock.

Anyone work on this program to adapt it to the UPC?  I played briefly,
but it had too many xenix'isms for me.
--
Jon LaBadie
{att, princeton, bcr}!jonlab!jon