3b1 real time clock runs fast

Ralph Harnden: I don't wanna badger you ext3430 ralph at rtech.rtech.com
Wed Feb 15 09:44:47 AEST 1989

In article <631 at jonlab.UUCP> jon at jonlab.UUCP (Jon H. LaBadie) writes:
>There was a posting to comp.sources.misc, or alt.sources some 6 - 9
>months ago.  As it was Xenix based, it did not use the VP board.
>
>Rather than using the call the local recorded time message, it called
>the National Bureau of Standards atomic clock (I think in West VA) to
>get the REAL time and set the system clock.

Rick Kimball posted ``usnotime'' to unix-pc.sources on 20-Nov-88.  This
program calls the US Naval Observatory (in DC?), and sets the current
time.  Works great on my unix-pc.  (Thanks, Rick!)  Email me at the
address below if you want me to send you a copy....

--
"People will do anything for a potato"

{amdahl, mtxinu, pacbell, sun}!rtech!gusano!ralph ralph%gusano at rtech.com