3b2 WINS 2.1 and uucp

Rob Healey rhealey at ub.d.umn.edu
Mon Feb 27 14:00:05 AEST 1989

	Is it possible to run uucp over TCP/IP under WINS 2.1? I've
	tried setting things up like you would for starlan but it doesn't
	seem to work. I'm tring to use TLI over TCP, will this work?
	The other system is a 3b2 with the exact same hardware/software
	configureation.

	Since I'm here, does anyone know if tcplisten is like inetd? I.e.
	can I add another service for tcplisten to listen for by simply
	putting the name of the service in /etc/services, putting a
	binary that is designed to work off it's STDIN and STDOUT in
	/usr/etc/serviced, and then adding service to the tcplisten line?
	Specifically, I'm toying with nntpd. I've added nntp to services,
	placed the binary in /usr/etc/nntpd and placed nntp on the
	tcplisten line; it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong???

			-Rob Healey

			rhealey at ub.d.umn.edu