FORTRAN 77 XLA + : bugs ??

tychan at bradley.UUCP tychan at bradley.UUCP
Wed Feb 15 05:22:00 AEST 1989

I have found a funny occurance in the FORTRAN 77 XLA + compliers. The
conventional way of linking libraries by " -llib"  seem to fail, when I
put a trace on the command line, the libraries are placed right after
the "ld". This is the same even when I read the manual to try to pass
options to the linker. Can someone tell is thsi a bug or am I just
passing the arguments in the wrong sequence. My command line is
typically "fort program.f -leelib" and eelib is in
"/usr/lib/libeelib.a".

Has anyone used a arithematic if statement with a function. example

if(func(c)) 10 20 30

This statement seems to call func(c) twice before going to 10 20 or 30.
I found this while compiling "spice". any suggestions to a fix for it.
My way was

dummy = func(c)
if(dummy) 10 20 30

I was lucky as it only happened in one routine.

If these are indeed bugs, is there a fix or upgrade for it.

Thanks

T. Y. Chan
Bradley University
TEL No. (309) 677-2731

UUCP: {att,cepu,uiucdcs,noao}!bradley!buec3b2!tychan
ARPA: cepu!bradley!buec3b2!tychan at seas.ucla.edu
ATTMAIL: attmail!bradley!buec3b2!tychan