Backup of Foundation disk 1

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.UUCP
Mon Feb 13 13:30:42 AEST 1989

In article <4651 at pbhyf.PacBell.COM> mche at pbhyf.PacBell.COM (Mitch Che) writes:
>We have a couple of AT&T PC 6300 plus systems with version 2.5
>of the UNIX System V rel 2 disks.  Is it possible to back up
>disk 1 of the Foundation set?

I'm not familiar with this particular hardware & software combination, but on
nearly every version of UNIX on a micro I've ever looked at you could back up
a floppy with a suitable format & dd command.  E.g.

dd if=/dev/<putYourRawFloppyDeviceNameHere> of=floppy1.image

<format new floppy>

dd of=/dev/<putYourRawFloppyDeviceNameHere> if=floppy1.image

If the old floppy was bootable the new one should be too.
--
 Jim Rosenberg
     CIS: 71515,124                         decvax!idis! \