Sys 5, R3.2 questions

Hans Jespersen hjespers at attcan.UUCP
Wed Feb 1 00:35:46 AEST 1989

In article <279 at hsi86.hsi.UUCP> stevens at hsi.UUCP (Richard Stevens) writes:
>I just installed AT&T's System V/386, Release 3.2 on a Compaq 386,
>and have some questions.  The Release Notes are dated July 1988.
>
>(2) The Korn shell didn't come with the system.  On my 3b1 I got the
>Korn shell with the Software Development Package, but I didn't see
>it anyhwere.

Korn shell comes with the VAR/ISV Software Developer's Toolkit V2.0
(PEC 1331-004). Along with ksh this packages gives you some data
reformating tools (DIF, WKS, WRK, etc.) and the Integrated Software
Development Guide (ISDG) which "...contains useful information describing
application porting considerations, device driver development, and
development of application installation scripts".