Cheap ATT 7300's

John Campbell jdc at naucse.UUCP
Wed Feb 1 01:46:57 AEST 1989

A friend just showed me the Uni-Ops Technical  (Vol. 4, #1  Jan '89)
in which Digital Data Systems is offering "Cosmetic Blemished" 3b1/7300
1/2 MB ram x 10MB disk for "as low as $395.00").

There has been a lot of recent discussion on upgrading 3b1s.  I own one
of the firesale models (3b1, 2Mb ram, 67 Mb disk) and I'm very nervous
about touchiing this machine.  Is it possible to take one of these
$395.00 machines and start upgrading.  Can I get from 1/2 MB to 2MB at a
reasonable cost (my time not counted in).  Can I expect to put external
drives on a minimal 7300?  What are the possiblities?
--
	John Campbell               ...!arizona!naucse!jdc
                                    CAMPBELL at NAUVAX.bitnet