Clock speed on 3b1's

was-John McMillan jcm at mtunb.ATT.COM
Thu Jan 12 01:22:40 AEST 1989

In article <567 at mccc.UUCP> shevett at mccc.UUCP (Dave Shevett) writes:
>This seems like a silly question, and probably has been asked before, but
>is there anyway to kick up the existing 10mghz clock speed on the 3b1's?
	NO: the only trivial speed modification is a SLOW-DOWN, achieved
	by accelerating it to ~ the speed of light (-% -- if I remember
	relativity correctly ;^)

>Is there any performance mod I can make to get this thing out of the mips
>gutter its in?
	Sorry about your gutter-sniping!  If you're masochistic enough to
	run 3 MAKE/COMPILES concurrently, get all the RAM ya can.  Or
	work out a COMPILE-spooler!

I'll mail ya DBASE-III info if I can get an answer.

jc mcmillan	-- att!mtunb!jcm	-- staggering thru another daze work.