610 terminal gone flakey

a.b.sherman andys at genesis.ATT.COM
Tue Jan 17 03:20:54 AEST 1989

In article <607 at whizz.uucp> bbh at whizz.uucp (Bud Hovell) writes:
>I am using a 610 terminal on a 3B1. The system is now about 1 1/2 years old,
>	1. When I backspace at the command-line, then enter another
>command over the old one and hit <Return>, I get something like the
>following:
>
>		$ cat                      [type in command 'cat']
>		$                          [now use <Backspace> to back up]
>		$ ls                       [type in the new command]
>		$ cat^H^H^Hls              [huh?]
>		$ cat^H^H^Hls: not found
>
>	2. When I am in the user-agent and attempt to remove files that
>are queued up to print, I can only delete the first one - the down-arrow key
>generates it's escape sequences (seen on the lower left portion of the screen),
>but will not roll down. Also in this screen, I cannot use the mark key. The
>signals are simply not going out to the box, evidently. Other screens seem ok,
>though, of the several ones I went and checked.

It sounds like you have invalid stty options on the port.
Have you changed your .profile, .kshrc, /etc/rc, /etc/profile, and
so on, in their set up of the serial port?
--
andy sherman / at&t bell laboratories (medical diagnostic systems)
room 2e-108 / 185 monmouth pkwy / west long branch, nj 07764-1394