troff and HP laser printers

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Mon Jan 9 01:50:07 AEST 1989

In article <373 at shawn.UUCP> mark at shawn.UUCP (Mark Steven Jeghers) writes:
>In article <431 at ssbn.WLK.COM> bill at ssbn.WLK.COM I wrote:
>>great (as Randy reported) and the price is right.
>
>But wait!  Jetroff requires troff.  I only have nroff.  What's a guy to
>do?  (I'm on a UNIX-pc)

Ouch!  You're quite right.  I'm not aware of a DWB for the UNIX-PC, perhaps
someone will post a source to buy it.  It might be available (all guesses) in
THE STORE or maybe from the AT&T Toolchest.  If the latter, you might end
up spending fewer $$ buying a '386 to do your formatting.  Or even a DOS box,
Elan sells DOS DWB for $695.  I've not tried porting Jetroff to DOS, but
if you forego some of the "play pretties" it might go.  I have also seen ads
from Image Network, none specifically mentioning the UNIX-PC.

Elan Computer Group, Inc.  410 Cambridge Ave Ste A  Palo Alto, CA 94306
(415) 322-2450

Image Network  140 S Whisman Road  Mountain View, CA  (415) 967-0542

If they don't have DWB for the UNIX-PC then perhaps they should, given the
large number of them out there.
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {killer,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM