troff and HP laser printers

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Wed Jan 11 11:20:26 AEST 1989

Speaking of troff for MSDOS... I heard a rumor a while back that
Mortice Kern Systems bought a licence to the documentors' workbench
package with the intent of porting it to the MSDOS world.  I'd keep
an eye on MKSs adverts in Unix World or one of the other rags to
see what develops.  I've used the MKS toolkit, and have been
pleasantly surprised at how well it does in making MSDOS congruent
with the feeling of [U|Xe]nix systems.  Of course, it isn't
perfect, but we are talking of something based on a heart of MSDOS
ya know.  The toolkit is an exceptional value in terms of the
functionality it adds versus the money you spend.

--Bill
wtm at impulse.UUCP