UNIX-PC SLIP sources

Clifford C. Skolnick ccs at lazlo.UUCP
Sun Jan 8 02:09:39 AEST 1989

In article <10823 at s.ms.uky.edu> david at ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) writes:
>The place to get the KA9Q sources is over in the ftp directories
>on louie.udel.edu ..

I also have the source and a 3b1 executable availble for anonymous uucp
on lazlo.

>Now, I don't see how it could possibly work.  Someone said this code
>had been developed for BSD machines and doesn't currently run on SysV.
>This says to me that select()'s were used for polling I/O, since SysV
>doesn't have an equivalent facility.

The code contains two UNIX  I/O modules, one for BSD one for System V.
I only took a few hours of hacking to get this code running on my 3b1.
You should have no problem porting this code since it was written with
portability in mind.

--
Cliff Skolnick (ccs at lazlo)|  "You told me time makes it easy, but you never
Phone: (716) 427-8046     |   told me time stands still" - Gary Numan