Unix pc questions

John P. Rouillard rouilj at umb.umb.edu
Sat Jul 15 07:04:37 AEST 1989

Just a few questions on the unix-pc:

1)  Does anybody have inittab entries for init level 1. Single user
    mode. I don't relly care if the windowing system is running or not.

2) If phtoggle doen't work to start and stop a getty (unix 3.5 sigh)
   on a phone line, is there another way of doing it that will update
   the status line so that people can see that they are not going to
   be getting any calls?

3) I have created /etc/issue and am tyring to get the text in that
   file to show up on the screen with the getty prompt.
   Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. Has AT&T hacked
   the upc's getty so that it doesn't read /etc/issue (would be wierd
   since its documented to work).  I remember a question like this
   that was posted but I never saw a reply.

=== The opinions expressed above are all mine and belong to nobody else. ===
    John Rouillard           U-Mass Boston         rouilj at umb.umb.edu
    Physics Major            Harbor Campus         husc6!umb!rouilj
    Physics Department       Boston, MA 02125      rouilj%umb.edu at RELAY.CS.NET