Fan Recommendation

S.MIKES smikes at hound.UUCP
Sat May 6 15:19:49 AEST 1989

Bill,

Tell you what I did with my second fan.   I reversed the direction of air
flow by turning the fan around.  This creates the effect of an air tunnel;
one fan sucks in cool air, the second blows out the warmed air.  I used to
have thermal problems until I did this.  By the way, if you are having
thermal problems severe enough to cause your plastic casing to deform, you
have a serious fan problem.  You should probably replace the fan and make
sure that it is always blowing directly on the power supply side.  I do a
lot of repairs to 7300's and this is a common problem.  Usually the fan's
main bearing wears out; this can be detected by an unusually noisy fan.
If you replace the fan and want a high volume, low power, quiet one, use a
Boxer Hi-Fi of comparable power requirements. (Usually available for about
$10.00.)

Hope this helps, good luck.