AT&T 6300+ add-in disk problem!

Peter Fales psfales at cbnewsc.ATT.COM
Thu May 25 13:51:25 AEST 1989

In article <982 at cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, gpw at cbnewsc.ATT.COM (george.p.wilkin) writes:
> From article <1537 at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu>, by wilson at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Samuel Wilson):
> > Ahem.  This friend of mine...  has an AT&T 6300+ with an extremely
[ Poor disk performance [

> DO YOU(er I mean your friend) HAVE THE CORRECT DISK INTERLEAVE
>
> I have found this to be sooo far off befor that you would do well to check it.
>
> How do I do this??   Spinwrite or the mace utilities Hoptimum will do it
> for you......   YOU WILL HAVE TO BACK UP DATA FIRST....

Good suggestion George - one correction.  Spin-write (I don't know
about the others) will reformat a disk in place without requiring
a backup.  Of course, backups are a good idea, and I know one person
who trashed their disk using Spin-Write, but it was worked great for
me.  The difference between the correct interleave and one too small
is dramatic.

--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 5B-420
				2000 N. Naperville Rd.