WIN TCP/IP Rel 2.1

Kevin Fenster krf at wucs1.wustl.edu
Wed May 3 06:55:27 AEST 1989

Can anyone tell me how to determine the netmask and the broadcast
address for the NI on a AT&T 3B2/400, running System V Rel 3.1 Version 2
and WIN/3B TCP/IP Release 2.1?  There is no ifconfig command as near
as I can tell. Anyone running a similar configuration that would be
willing to answer a few ( <10 ) more questions?

The reason this is necessary is I need to run a broadcast mask of
128.252.0.0, and a netmask of 255.255.0.0, and rather than just
dumping the machines on to the network, I would like to assure myself that
this is or is not the case.  If I don't hear any answers, I can borrow
a Network analyzer, and just look at the packets.

The goal is to get RFS running between 2 3B2's in an effort to experiment
with RFS over Ethernet, and compare it to NFS.

Thanks,

Kevin Fenster -- Engineering Computer Lab, Washington University in St. Louis
Internet:	krf at wucs1.wustl.edu
UUCP:		...!uunet!wucs1!krf