AT&T 3.2 Update

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UUCP
Sat May 6 12:03:01 AEST 1989

In article <1335 at nusdhub.UUCP> rwhite at nusdhub.UUCP (Robert C. White Jr.) writes:
>in article <14304 at bfmny0.UUCP>, tneff at bfmny0.UUCP (Tom Neff) says:
>> PS I think this takes the form up an upgrade to the X End User package
>> but I'm not sure.
>
>Through a deal here at work i am getting a 6386E and SVR3.2 and the
>software development system.  (I am getting all this for half price,
>new from the wherever, and "offically AT&T" whatever that intails)...
>
>My question:  Will this include the X stuff and the VGA support
>(since I am getting the VGA monitor/board) and all that, or
>am I going to have to pay extra?

I am answering this via followup since it may be of interest to
others.  The following (among others) are separately supplied line
items from AT&T:

	V/386 3.2 Foundation Set
		  Software Development Set
		  Extended Terminal Interface
		  X Windows End User System
		  X Windows Programmers Toolkit
			etc etc etc.

I don't have the order numbers or comcodes handy at the moment.
If Robert has what he says he has, he will have to order X separately.

Most importantly I should mention that X will NOT WORK with the VGA
right this minute!  Nor will V/386 3.2 unless one gets the 2.1 Upgrade.
The VGA/X upgrade (to X) is due out either in a week or a month,
depending on who you ask.
--
Tom Neff				UUCP:     ...!uunet!bfmny0!tneff
    "Truisms aren't everything."	Internet: tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET