pg problem under ksh

guest at ugun13.UUCP guest at ugun13.UUCP
Thu Oct 19 17:04:00 AEST 1989

I've seen your problem with pg and I had a similar problem. In fact pg
wants to reopen stdout, but on UNIX with real AT&T-UNIX (not Berkley)
this would not work in certain reasons.
If you're diconnecting the calling process from the controlling tty
the pg will present this nice message and stop work. Normally the controlling
tty will be changed, if you use the library command setpgrp().
I hope that will help you.

Bye Rolf.

  Rolf Enners

| Nixdorf Computer AG       Phone: +49-5251-10-4672  Fax: +49-5251-10-4672   |
| Bereich DX-LT             UUCP: {uunet!philabs!linus!}nixbur!enners.pad    |
| Heinz Nixdorf Ring              nixntc!enners.pad                          |
| D-4790 Paderborn                {mcvax!}unido!nixpbe!enners.pad            |