pg problem under ksh

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Tue Oct 17 10:19:40 AEST 1989

I am porting ksh to AIX.  The only thing which prevents a trivial port is
that AIX has both SYSV and BSD features.  The make for ksh tries to
work in either a SYSV or a BSD environment, and in a few places has a little
trouble because it is in BOTH.  After I get a clean compile and link, I fire-up
ksh and get a prompt. Then I type
	pg foo
and I get
	pg: cannot reopen stdout

I have seen this message before, in particular on a 3B2 at an AT&T System
Administration class.  What does it mean (aside from the obvious)?  What do
I do about it?
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin