general purpose bit blitter

Dean Swan dean at image.soe.clarkson.edu
Fri Oct 20 02:12:04 AEST 1989

Along the lines of RAM access, I need to plot waveforms and such in a window.
I wrote a line drawing routine that calls WRASTOP, but it is painfully slow.
I suspect that it is because WRASTOP issues a refresh to the window, before
doing a blit evertime it is called.  I've thought about reimplementing it to
build a bitmap in user memory of the line and then just doing a single WRASTOP
call to copy it to the window, but that seems like an awful lot of work just
to draw a line.  Can anyone help?

-Dean Swan
dean at sun.soe.clarkson.edu

P.S. This is on a 7300.  Also, pleas e-mail any posted replys.  I don't
     always get to check the news often enough and sometimes miss it.
     Thanx in advance......  :-)