WANTED:more swap space on a 3b1

Boyd Ostroff ostroff at rocky.oswego.edu
Wed Oct 25 07:34:02 AEST 1989

In article <RJK.89Oct23110425 at sawmill.uucp> rjk at sawmill.uucp (Richard Kuhns) writes:
>Can anyone offer a way to request more swap space when reformatting
>the hard disk on a 3b1?  I would really like more than 5000 blocks.

Look at the man pages for iv.  You can format your disk using the
diagnostics first, then rn iv to modify the partition table.  This
will let you specify whatever size swap (and any other partitions for
additional filesystems) that you want.

Don't have my manuals here at work, but I did this with my machine at
home and it worked fine.  Send me mail if you need details...

Boyd Ostroff, Technical Director ||||||| System Administrator, "The CallBoard"
Theatre Department, SUNY Oswego  ||||||| Serving the performing arts since 1986
        (315) 341-2987           ||||||| (315) 947-6414  300/1200/2400 baud 8N1