WANTED:more swap space on a 3b1

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Thu Oct 26 13:50:01 AEST 1989

In article <RJK.89Oct23110425 at sawmill.uucp> rjk at sawmill.uucp (Richard Kuhns)
writes:
|>Can anyone offer a way to request more swap space when reformatting
|>the hard disk on a 3b1?  I would really like more than 5000 blocks.
|>What I'd really like to hear is ``Sure -- I've got a copy of s4diag
|>that asks how many blocks you'd like to allocate for swapping.''
|>If I'm dreaming, I'd settle for the location of the hard-coded
|>4000/5000 and I'll try patching in new values manually.  Any help
|>would be greatly appreciated.
"Sure -- I've got a copy of s4diag that ask how many blocks you'd like
to allocate for swapping" :-) :-)  And so you YOU!  All the versions
of the diagnostic disk allow you to enter the swap size when formatting
is invoked from the EXPERT MODE!

Boot diagnostics floppy:
At the choices prompt type:

-------------
s4test

expert> 6,2<CR>   -or-  2<CR>

Enter in the drive type

Enter Swap space size in logical blocks?( Default is XXXXX )  <enter the size>

Note the blocks are 1024 byte logical blocks (ie. 5000 = 5MB)

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      [w] +1 (516) 589-7930 |
| lenny at icus.islp.ny.us     Telex; 154232428 ICUS      [h] +1 (516) 968-8576 |