Re-pumping eports?

Kevin Darcy kevin at cfctech.UUCP
Fri Sep 29 13:29:39 AEST 1989

In article <15982 at ea.ecn.purdue.edu> wieland at ea.ecn.purdue.edu.UUCP (Jeffrey J Wieland) writes:
>In article <1141 at msa3b.UUCP> kevin at msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
>>My 3b2/700 periodically looses one or more serial ports on an
>>eport card....
>>...the only way I have found to clear the condition is to reboot...
>>...I could probably "re-pump" the eport card, but I can't seem to find the
>>appropriate command syntax.
>
>We had the same problem with the eports boards on our 3B2/500.  We
>found that we were running release 1.1 of the eports software
>(which was loaded off the tape), but that we had release 1.2 on
>installable diskettes...

We had similar problems running eports 1.1 on our network, except it showed
up as printers mysteriously disabling. Right now, our standard 3B2
configuration is eports 1.2 (from diskette). However, eports 1.2 is still not
perfect - it has some problems with flow control when talking to various
non-AT&T machines. We have had a beta 1.3 running successfully for a while on
one of our test machines, and just received the official 1.3 version (although
we haven't really tested it yet). You might want to contact your AT&T sales
rep if you want this version.

As far as pumping the board, I'm afraid I don't quite remember the syntax
either (I'm at home now without access to manuals). I do know that the code
to be downloaded is in /lib/pump/eports. What does /etc/pump do?

--
 Kevin Darcy, Asst. Unix Systems Admin. | +1 313 948 4863
 kevin at cfctech.UUCP                     | Chrysler Financial Corp.