Re-pumping eports?

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Thu Sep 28 08:43:45 AEST 1989

My 3b2/700 periodically looses one or more serial ports on an
eport card.  It may lose a port or two a week on any of its eports
cards.  At the present time, the only way I have found to clear
the condition is to reboot.  The symptom is that no data will
move into or out of the port.  I presume that I could probably
"re-pump" the eport card, but I can't seem to find the appropriate
command syntax.

Any idea why?  I have lots of ports with Hayes modems used for
a dialup application moving lots of binary data.  After a while, the
port is simply shot: the modem won't answer, and I cannot send data
to the modem either.

--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin