status report on video ram access kit and Mgr

Bradley Smith bes at holin.ATT.COM
Wed Sep 20 11:32:50 AEST 1989

Well just a note, to let all who read this, that I have loaded the
X11R3 source on to my machine at home and am in the starting stages
of porting it.  Right now I am reading docs on what to do.  I plan
to write the server 2 ways.  First using the either Brian's mod or
to use the /dev/vidram driver, and hopefully add the other. So those
who don't have one will be able to use it.

If anyone has something to add to me help me, by all means let me
know.  I will be using the UNIX domain sockets for the IPC, although
I may look at other SVS5 IPC's.

I think that is about it.  If anyone is farther than myself, let
me know.  I really don't want to re-invent the graphical wheel.

--
Bradley Smith
Computer Systems Offer Integration Laboratory