No more 3B1 power supplies at Halted Specialties

Edward C. Bennett edward at twg.com
Wed Feb 21 07:08:08 AEST 1990

In article <26789 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>As I and several others discovered today (Friday, 9-Feb-1990), Halted has NO
>more 3B1 power supplies; they still have a quantity of 7300 power supplies.

Interesting that this subject should come up right now. Over the weekend
my 3b1 seems to have lost its power supply. My clues? The entire thing
just died, I was out of the room when it happened but the entire machine
is dead. No fan, no video, nothing.

Do 3b1 power supplies have a reputation for failure?

BTW, have your every tried to find someone to fix a 3b1? It ain't easy.
Here I am in the heart of Silicon Valley and people act like my machine
is from another planet! "Is that a 6300?" "I've never seen one of those."
"Uh, we could look at it but we'll have to order any parts, why don't you
call AT&T?" etc...

How DO you go about getting a 3b1 fixed?
Edward C. Bennett - The other MMDF guy			edward at twg.com
The Wollongong Group					(415) 962-7252
1129 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303		"Goodnight M.A."
   "He's become a growling, snarling mass of white-hot canine terror"