Installable disk(s) and files (UNIXPC)

Kris A. Kugel kak at hico2.UUCP
Mon Feb 26 06:33:30 AEST 1990

In article <27128 at cup.portal.com>, thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
> horn at rt5.cs.wisc.edu (Mark Horn) in <4319 at daffy.cs.wisc.edu> writes:
>
> "	I have another Q.  What is the process for making installable
> 	floppies?  I have Interrnet access so it was rather easy for me to get
> 	the recent FIXDISK.  A friend of mine doesn't have internet access so
> 	it's hard for him to get that self same FIXDISK.
> 	.... "
It's not much more complicated in Thad Floryan's article.
The Size file has to be the first one in the archive, 'cause the system
checks for space before processing the rest of the archive.
The document to reference is in a bound section inside the manual set
entitled, "AT&T UNIX PC Interface Specification", look in Chapter 5 (page 2-53)
At one time, I had a makefile which produced Size, etc. automagicly
from a list of files, it's gone now, but I remember it as not being
all that difficult to produce.

				Kris A. Kugel
	{uunet,att,rutgers}!westmark!hico2!kak <--daily
	                        ssbn!hico2!kak <--semi-daily