Upgrading Ports card to add memory

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.ATT.COM
Thu Feb 1 23:16:07 AEST 1990

In article <19876 at ditka.UUCP> kls at ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) writes:
[]
"If your card has sockets for the memory chips and the associated
"control circuits all you have to do is populate the memory array
"and change a couple of jumpers.  Otherwise, you're out of luck --
"there are PALs and/or custom ICs in the control section that you
"won't be able to get.

not true!
we've converted several ports-only boards here (using a
ports-and-memory board as a guide), and there's nothing special in the
memory logic at all.  it's all standard ttl and discretes and a
resistor pack or two.

--
Ragged Individualist	|	 But I thought we were *ALL* iconoclasts!      |