MiniScribe (was UNIX pc AT&T 7300 FORSALE)

Karl Swartz kls at ditka.UUCP
Fri Feb 2 21:24:19 AEST 1990

In article <26487 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>kls at ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) in <19873 at ditka.UUCP> writes:
>:MiniScribe filed for Chapter 11.  That doesn't mean they've gone
>:belly-up, that means they're alive and operating but gravely ill.

Looks like you may have been at least partially right.  Latest
word I've heard is that they have cut back production to only
three models, all 3 1/2" units.  I hope that's only temporary
as their products are really nice and the 3085 is a sweetheart
for the 7300 (no hump).  :-(

>I've had NO problems with Miniscribe drives; just
>be sure the box you buy isn't filled with a brick! :-)

When they say MiniScribe drives are solid as a rock they really
mean it!  :-)

All kidding aside, I've never heard anything bad about one of
their drives.  That's something that can't be said for very
many disk drive companies, and it's a shame to see one of the
good guys on the rocks.  (Oh god, another pun!)

--
Karl Swartz			 |UUCP	uunet!apple!zygot!ditka!kls
1-408/223-1308			 |INet	zygot!ditka!kls at apple.com
"I never let my schooling get in |BIX	kswartz
the way of my education."(Twain) |Snail	1738 Deer Creek Ct., San Jose CA 95148