EGA on the 6300+?

Steve Leitman steve at xroads.UUCP
Thu Feb 8 16:08:40 AEST 1990

I have an AT&T 6300+ and recently acquired an EGA card and a color monitor. I
checked my handy dandy hardware ref manual which instructed me to replace a
certain chip on the display controller with a "disabler" chip and I could
then use a different controller card. In checking with my local computer
store (that handles AT&T pc's,), I learned from their service person that the
disabler chip does not work well and that it's really not possible or rather
practical to change to a different display controller card.
Has anyone done this successfully. If so, I'd appreciate some feedback.
Thanks in advance...
(Dejected in Phoenix....)
Steve Leitman (602) 863-5566

--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 /\   (602) 941-2005 300|1200 Baud 24 hrs/day