tty000 bugs in 3.51m

Bill Mayhew wtm at uhura.neoucom.EDU
Sat Feb 24 16:24:25 AEST 1990

I've been using 3.51 since about Jan 26, 1990.  I've had generally
good luck with it; no problems with printers.  I have an HP
Deskjet, which I use though the laserjet lp model.  I didn't change
anything from 3.51 to 3.51m and it still prints bitmaps and text
just fine.

Now that we have that out of the way.  I am having problems with
dropped characters on tty000 on input.  I am using the HDB BNU
programs uucico and cu.  I have a trailblazer plus modem that has
the buad rate set to 19200.  It looks like about 15 characters get
lost each time the tty dirver issues an xoff.  I do indeed have the
S58 flow control register set to 3 in both the local and remote
modems and also have hfc disabled.  I tried switching back to the
3.51 kernel with everything else held constant, and the dropped
characters ceased.

Is there some tunable parameter or something that I should know
about that can fix 3.51m?  I like the nice features like  the built
in keyfix and metermaid display.

Bill Mayhew  Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Rootstonw, OH  44272-9995  USA    216-325-2511
wtm at uhura.neoucom.edu   ....!uunet!aablue!neoucom!wtm