Terminfo tweek to UNIXpc/7300/Safari 4

Bill Carpenter wjc at ho5cad.ATT.COM
Tue Feb 27 06:04:57 AEST 1990

On 25 Feb 90 11:04:24 GMT, jbm at uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) said:

jbm> sequence that turned up in a "strings -2 -a /usr/bin/vdt | grep
jbm> '\['" was "[=0w", which sure enough is Wrap off, <ESC>[=1w does
jbm> turn autowrap back on.

jbm> Ok, all you folks out there with kernel source, in particular
jbm> window driver source: Please dig in there and tell us what all
jbm> the other undocumented escape sequences are!

Well, I'm not sitting in front of escape(7), but I knew about wrap-on
and wrap-off becasue I saw them in there just last week.  (I have
never seen any kind of source code for this machine, other than the
kinds that everyone has seen.)  I also knew about (and have used)
strikeout mode somehow (but that may have been trial and error on
values for the "\033[ P1 m" sequence); dunno if I ever saw what you
called "absolute" attribute stuff.  Since I saw this at least some of
this in the docs, maybe you have an older version of escape(7).

BTW, speaking of kismet....  Since I loaded FIXDISK 2.0, all of my
windows seem to be "linewrap off" by default.  I have to give them ye
olde escape sequence to get them to match my terminfo (actually JBM's
previously posted version of what he just posted).  It's possible that
I have had some other change and just noticed this recently, but it
seems unlikely.  Anybody else notice this change?  (If you run
GNUemacs, for long lines it inserts the "\" but then believes the
window will wrap the line, so it doesn't bother.  Looks quite ill.)
--
   Bill Carpenter         att!ho5cad!wjc  or  attmail!bill