No more 3B1 power supplies at Halted Specialties

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Thu Feb 22 18:11:59 AEST 1990

edward at twg.com (Edward C. Bennett) in <169 at gollum.twg.com> writes:

	BTW, have your every tried to find someone to fix a 3b1? It ain't
	easy.  Here I am in the heart of Silicon Valley and people act like my
	machine is from another planet! "Is that a 6300?" "I've never seen one
	of those." "Uh, we could look at it but we'll have to order any parts,
	why don't you call AT&T?" etc...

	How DO you go about getting a 3b1 fixed?

Ed and I discussed his problem today by phone, and I invited him to the next
meeting (next week, 28-Feb-1990) of the AT&T Users' Group, South Bay UNIX
(meeting in the AT&T site at 1090 E. Duane Avenue in Sunnyvale at 7PM; there
should also be an announcement in the San Jose Mercury News' COMPUTING CALENDAR
this Sunday; forget the announcement in COMPUTER SHOPPER ... that one is all
screwed up).

An announcement will soon be made publically for "A Small Computer Repair Co."
whose charter is to fix and repair AT&T 6300, 7300, 3B1, UNIXPC, and like
computers.  The AT&T San Leandro (CA) site is being closed down, so if you
used to send your computers there for repair you'll want to keep an eye out
for the ``ASCRC'' announcement; that San Leandro site is(was) the world-wide
AT&T repair center for 6300, 7300, 3B1, UNIXPC, and like computers.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]