rn vs. Sys V questions

Neal S. Pollack neal at smcnet.UUCP
Tue Feb 20 10:11:30 AEST 1990

I am trying to install rn on an AT&T 3B2/600 with SYS V rel 3.2
software.  Thanks to help from the net, I was able to get it to
compile.  However, it does not work.

When you type rn at the prompt to start it, it complains
getwd: read error in ..

I looked at util.c, where this occurs in getting the working dir,
and it seems related to the question of libndir, usendir, and
dirent.h for the ATT environment.

I was given rn Patchlevel 39.  I have defined usendir in config.h
by hand, since configure undef'd both libndir and usendir.

ATT has a /usr/include/dirent.h which defines DIR for ngdata.c
and util.c.   Should I be editing dome files to use this dirent.h
instead?

Sincerely,
Neal Pollack
uunet!ucla-cs!smcnet!neal