rn vs. Sys V questions

Mike Peltier stealth at caen.engin.umich.edu
Sat Feb 24 19:28:00 AEST 1990

In article <665 at smcnet.UUCP> neal at smcnet.UUCP (Neal S. Pollack) writes:

>When you type rn at the prompt to start it, it complains
>getwd: read error in ..
>
>I looked at util.c, where this occurs in getting the working dir,
>and it seems related to the question of libndir, usendir, and
>dirent.h for the ATT environment.
>
>Neal Pollack
>uunet!ucla-cs!smcnet!neal

Heh...  I ran into this problem too, and I solved it by editing out
both of the getwd() functions in util.c, forcing the program to use
the system call.  What's the point of having the getwd() function
duplicated (is it?) in the rn source code?

--
Michael V. Peltier         | Computer Aided Engineering Network
Ann Arbor, MI  48104-6924  |    stealth at caen.engin.umich.edu