AT&T 6386 WGS / 16mhz / 1mb Config. Problem

Eric Swansen swanie at milton.acs.washington.edu
Fri Jun 15 12:31:23 AEST 1990

I currently own an AT&T 6386 WGS that clips along at 16Mhz, and has
1 mb of RAM.  The CPU is a 386.

I am trying to run MS-Windows v3. in either the standard or 386 mode
but I wont allow me to do so. (I tried the /3 and /S switches with a
'I can't do that ' type of message.

I think the problem lies in AT&T's memory configuration.
When booting I see 640k of "base" memory, 0k of extended memory and
384k of "dedicated" memory. (I also have a Paradise VGA1024 card with
512k on board if that matters).

What do I need to run windows in 386 mode via switch or std. mode ?
Is there some software patch to convert memory ?
Do I need to add RAM ?
To AT&T guru's ,what kind of RAM and how much ?
               , any special settings needed ?

Since I'm an infrequent RN user, please post direct to my E-Mail
address, rather than posting to the newsgroup....

Thanx,
----
Eric C. Swansen
swanie at milton.u.washington.edu