counter point = 3b???

oasis at max.u.washington.edu oasis at max.u.washington.edu
Sun Jun 10 16:48:14 AEST 1990

Help!!!!!

This afternoon, I purchased a pair of cabinets without covers for a very
nifty price.  Both are about the same dimensions as a typical IBM PC. The
cpu unit is about three inches high, and the drive unit is maybe six inches
high.  Anyway, the cpu unit is made by counter point computer.  Nowhere
is there a label telling me what I have.  The cpu unit has a 16mhz 68020,
68461,7990,2 mk68654's, a 68452, 1mb of 256k smt drams, and 16 simm clips.
Plugged onto this board is a board labeled disk controller.  It has a
number of WD chips (including the 2797), along with a couple nifty fujitsu
pga's.  The two units dock together and they are electrically coupled by
a 115v power cord and a 34 (i think) pin cable.  The drive enclosure has a
board labeled disk controller dmux, and has one 5 1/4" hh floppy connected
to it.  It also has two ports for st506 type hard drives, one with the
cables dangling where the drive was snatched.  What is this critter? It is
missing the right side of the cpu cabinet, where logically a backplane for
the 32*3 pin connector from the cpu would dock, allowing more boards to
reside above the cpu.

The reason I bother all you with this is that written on the back in bright
green handwriting is the note "AT&T 3b".  Is this a 3b or some kind of
compatible?  Where can I get a copy of the hard disk?  What's it worth?

please e-mail to this account.  And thank you very much for your help.